Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just when you thought you knew what to be thankful for...

Our Thanksgiving started out like past years, a lunch at Danny's Dad and Evelyn's house. Lots of food and family! Evelyn's son Normando and his wife Jamie, and her daughter Suyzel and her family are always there. It's great to get together. Everyone goes around the table and says what they are thankful for. Bronwyn said that she was thankful for her brother and her mommy and daddy. Then she added in that she was thankful for Grandpa and Abuela. I am thankful that I can feel like so much a part of Danny's family. Jim and Evelyn always make me feel welcome. They always are happy to see us and enjoy spending time with the kids. I am also of course thankful for the family that Danny and I have created. Bronwyn is truly our little princess. Having Hayden this year makes me so happy! Last year I thankful for a successful pregnancy. But to have him in our lives this year is a feeling much more than I can describe. Here are a few pictures from our lunch with them!


Then we head over to my parents house for our Thanksgiving Dinner! This year my brother Roger, Dolly, Peyton, and Hunter came out to visit. I love having them in town and getting to spend time with them. this is the part of the night where things get crazy. Just as were finishing up dinner Hayden suddenly vomits all over the high chair!!! He had been running a fever for going on 24 hours but he seems to do that every time he has a new tooth coming in. So we were watching it, but really thought that that was all it was. But after that reaction, and having not really eaten anyway, I called our pediatricians on call service. Thankfully our doctor was on call for the night. He had another patient coming in the office so he said we could come down and meet him too. Because we love our doctor and are not willing to switch, we had a 1/2 hour drive to his office. So Bronwyn stayed with my family for dessert and off we went with Hayden. Turns out he had an ear infection!!! So back home we headed with a prescription for an antibiotic. Can you guess how many pharmacies are open around 8:00pm on Thanksgiving night??? ONE!!! And it was another 20 minure drive in the opposite direction!!! Obviously all worth it to make sure Hayden could feel better as fast as possible. So we had ALOT to be thankful for this year, especially a doctor who made time for us when we were pretty frightened about what was going on with our precious little boy.
Here are just a couple pictures I took before the night came to an end! You can see just how terrible Hayden was feeling. (Well, actually the night did not end there... Evelyn, Suyzel and I met back up for our new midnight madness shopping tradition. We were out till 5am or something! I was SO tires after all this day brought!)

0 comments: