Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Marched for Babies!!!

Yesterday I participated in my 1st ever 10K walk! I raised money and walked in the March of Dimes, March for Babies 2008! It really feels good to have walked for such a good cause. The money raised helps save premature and sick babies. Premature birth is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies’ health today, and through March for Babies, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it.

This is the link to my fundraising page for the walk.
Thank you to everyone who sponsored me!

I walked with my friend Lisa and her family. Her brother Chris and his wife had a baby born prematurely on Dec 1, 2007 at only 28 weeks. He weighed only 2 lbs & 2 oz. He is strong and healthy now and we all walked in his honor.














My mom and my sister-in-law Rachael also walked with us and I was really glad to have them participate. Our friends Barb and her husband were also along for the walk! Team Kaleb was so strong!










It felt great to cross the finish line and best of all, Danny brought Bronwyn down to see me and show their support! I am so thankful for having such a happy and healthy baby to love everyday! I plan to continue walking every year and raising money so that more people can be so fortunate!

0 comments: