Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Year and One Half!

Hayden is now 18 months old! Thinking back to a year ago he was barely sitting up on his own. And now he's a walking, talking, little man-in-the-making! He went in for his 18 month checkup and after weighing and measuring him I was told that he is in the 75th percentile for weight and "off the charts" for his height! That's just crazy! Everyone laughs, but he is really going to be a big boy!

5 weeks ago I posted all of the words that Hayden is saying and now he has doubled it! He really is up to about 40 words! He's learning animal sounds too, it's so funny to watch him show all that he remembers! Two new words are Blanket and Bear. And he has to make sure he has both of his favorites every night before bed. And when I go in to get him when he wakes up he is always standing in his crib with both of them. One day last week he only had the blanket and I laid him down on my bed while I was getting ready. He got down, ran back into his room, and I found him reaching through the crib rails trying to reach his bear on the furthest side of the mattress. He knew what he was missing. Hayden just seems so smart to me. I am just amazed by him. I went in his room to get him from a nap one day and he was standing up looking across his room to a frame with pictures of him with each of us. He pointed to one and kept saying "look" and when I did, he said "daddy". Then he grabbed his bear and pointed to it's nose and said "look" again, and then pointed to his own nose. Then even pointed to the nose of another animal and back to his own. Like he just figured it out, everyone has a nose!

He's so sweet right now too. Anytime Bronwyn cries he goes to her and reaches both little arms around her and gives her a big long hug. That usually makes everything better. Yesterday she was pushing around her doll stroller and he wanted it too. So she got out another one she has and set him up with his bear friends. He loved it! He loves to be able to do the things that his big sister does.

I tell everyone that he is 200% BOY because he is reckless and fearless and always looking for trouble. But I love being alone with him and always seeing his sweet side. He will make the perfect man someday! ♥

P.S. Hayden does not ALWAYS have a pacifier in his mouth! But these pictures were from right after naps or in the morning and that is just too soon for him to give it up! Christmas... that's the take-paci-away date!

3 comments:

Barb said...

"like"

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

the binki fairy visited my house!!!

he is adorable!!

happy half birthday!

mcgee family said...

it's so neat to see their little personality start to come out! what a little sweetie!