Friday, July 11, 2008

Bronwyn's 1st Fat Lip!

As if the Emergency Room visit 2 weeks ago was not enough for us to handle... Bronwyn got her 1st fat lip yesterday.

I took her out with me to walk our dog Sadie (something we do every day).

Bronwyn wanted to walk through the rocks next to our driveway (something she does every day).

I held out my hand for her to take to get her acoss the rocks (something I do every time).

And Bronwyn denied my helping hand and continued on her own (something she does every time).

Although this time she fell! She went down on her knees, then I saw her hands go down... then her face... into the rocks. I was only steps away from her but rushing to pick her up I was so afraid of what might have happened! Luckily it was only her bottom lip. Such a scary moment for all of us! Although I think Sadie was the most disturbed... by the fact that we rushed back inside and she had to wait to go for her walk.

Of course Bronwyn would not let me put any ice on her lip... until I pretended that the ice was a fun snack and licked it! Then she wanted to also. So she sucked on the ice cube (which I "secured" to a paper towel). And of course... she let me get a few pictures to document her pain. If you ask me... she seems to like the attention! (If you click on each picture you can see them larger!)

0 comments: