Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"He weighs how much?!?!?!"



I went in for ultrasound yesterday to find out just how big this "little" guy is getting! Turns out he's weighing about a pound too big!!! He should be just about 3 by now, but they're putting his weight at just under 4 pounds!!! I don't know yet exactly what that means for us. I have another appointment today to see a doctor in the practice for my 30 week checkup so I'm guessing she'll be able to tell me a little more. The ultrasound technician was so surprised by the size of Hayden's head and overall size! She kept remeasuring to make sure she was getting it right! He still has a good, strong heartbeat and there's nothing wrong. But she did say that in most cases like this my doctor might need to have me schedule more ultrasounds to keep up with him. Guess there's just no point in delivering a 10 pound + baby! But we love seeing him, and getting the pictures! She was able to show us lots of hair on the back of his head! It just sticks out since he's floating in water! The picture is his newest profile. They get harder to see as they grow! And there's a big bubble lingering over his head! But it's our baby and I had to share!

3 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

He is so sweet. I am sure everything will go fine. I am thinking you might look at giving birth 2~3 weeks early. So happy he is doing good,,lot o love!

This Jones Family said...

So what did the doctor say? And you don't want to be like Sarah and deliver a huge baby!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting with this new technology, that you can see them so well. I think it's cool!
Exciting, he's almost here...