Saturday, April 24, 2010

March For Babies ~ 2010














Two years ago I joined my friends and their family to support the March of Dimes, March for Babies. This year I was very excited to participate again! I set my fundraising goal for $150 and with the help of just a few people I achieved it and then some! I am very thankful for the support I was given. It's your donations that will help make a difference.

This year Team Kaleb was rather small in size... due to work schedules, a family emergency, and the weather, I was the only member of the team to walk. I knew I was going to be the only walker, but I just had to do it!

I had been waiting too long to just let it pass. The weather was calling for rain and some snow, but I threw on my long johns and off I went! Danny bought me a new pedometer to help me keep track of the walking of been doing even outside of the walk. (I actually lost 3 pounds in the middle of the week!) I was excited to see my step total... 12,632 STEPS! WOW! I walked fast and pushed myself to keep passing people. I really enjoyed it. Exercise for a fabulous cause! Thanks again to everyone who supported me!

3 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

That Rocks Tara!
So proud of you and for you! <3

mcgee family said...

I wish I could have been there. Thanks for doing it, and representing our team! And, close to 13,000 steps...WOW! Awesome!

Barb said...

"LIKE"