Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day 2010!

We celebrated Memorial Day this year, like always, bbq-ing with my family. I spent part of the morning making a super yummy trifle dessert, called Twisted Strawberry Shortcake. We went over to my parents house to enjoy the afternoon with them and my brother Danny, Rachael and Drew. Most years the weather for the Memorial Day weekend is pretty terrible. But this year it was perfect. Lots of sun and not too hot!











My dad grilled a brisket, but after losing pound #10 I didn't want to over eat! So I ate a little of this and a little of that and still filled myself up. The kids got to play outside... until they started a war in the sand box!
Everyone loved my dessert, which always makes me happy! Even Danny (and Bronwyn) ate the leftover once we got home, and he is not big on desserts! It was a great way to end the weekend!

1 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

Ummmm YUMMM!!!!!! Tell Me how you made it!!!