Monday, May 26, 2008

Humankind cannot bear very much reality. ~T.S. Eliot

So here I am... back in the blogging world. Things have been a little different around here for almost the last two weeks. It's difficult for me to move on before letting everyone in on what we've been going through.

I found out almost two weeks ago that I became pregnant again. Immediately my doctor had me going in to a lab for blood testing. They needed to test my hormone levels to be sure they were rising correctly. I did my testing on a Friday and again the following Monday. They gave me the first results from Friday's testing and they seemed to be okay. Then on Wednesday they gave me the next results and my levels had dropped. My doctor told me she would be treating this as another miscarriage and that I would experience that again soon. Danny hoped that she was wrong since I was not experiencing anything like the first time. But by Friday everything was happening like my doctor said would. I'm not too sure where this leaves us now... other than baby-less. It's hard to imagine going through this over and over. I'm afraid it'll be much more than I can handle.

Once I can get in to see my doctor I want to see if we can figure out what exactly is going wrong and what I can do to make it right. There has to be something we can figure out. I want another baby more than anything but if I am meant to only have Bronwyn... I can live with that. Having Bronwyn and Danny in my life is really what keeps me going on.


"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

2 comments:

Barb said...

((((hugs))))

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this. I hope the doc can help figure out what's going on!

But, you are right - Bronwyn is a true blessing and it's so great that you realize that.

I'm here if you need to talk or anything.

((((hugs))))

mcgee family said...

my heart goes out to you as well. i can't even imagine what you are going through, but i am here for you. please let me know if you need anything.