Thursday, August 7, 2008

Third times a charm!

I can only find a minute to update on our new status! Bronwyn is trying to let me know that I need to be with her right now!



We found out about 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant again! I've been doing blood tests through my doctor's lab again. This time things seem to be looking good! I had one hormone level that started out slow so I am taking a prescription to help keep it up. I've been feeling great. A little nausease at times, but I can handle that! Anything to have the chance to have a healthy baby!

Yesterday Danny and I went to my doctor's office for an early ultrasound. We were able to see the baby at just 6 weeks and 2 days old! (So technically that's a 4 week fetus!) We could see that the heartbeat was just flapping away. That's all it looked like since everything is so small. A little flap opening and closing. But the ultrasound technician showed us the wavelength of beats and said it looked strong. And to her advice, "cross your fingers, say and prayer, and see what happens", that's just where we're at! We were able to sit my doctor for a minute and she says she thinks that this baby will be okay. She said the hormone levels are raising nicely. I'll get to have another ultrasound at 8 weeks and do another blood test to make sure we're still looking good!

So here is our new little miracle! The hand is pointing to where the heartbeat was "flapping". What you see underneath is what is left of the egg sac.



We have so much love for this baby already. Danny and Bronwyn both kiss my tummy everday now! I ask Bronwyn where the baby is and right away she tries to pull up my shirt! We can't wait for her to be a big sister!

3 comments:

Barb said...

CONGRATULATIONS! :-D

mcgee family said...

we'll be crossing our fingers, and saying a prayer with you...and hoping for the best. what an exciting time for all of you! :)

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another reason for me to go shopping~ YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!