Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You probably won't believe this...

... but it really happened!

About a week or so ago I caught Bronwyn hiding around a corner and I knew she was pooping. She was right outside the bathroom door and actually pointed to the door. (Small sidenote: We always have to keep the bathroom door closed or else she runs in and grabs the toilet paper and brings it to you... regardless of where you are!) I knew she had already pooped in her diaper but I took her in and let her sit on the big toilet and "try". She thought she was something special but of course had nothing to give! A couple times since when I "catch her in the act" I put her on the toilet but again, it's too late for anything more.

Over the weekend I bought her a little potty chair and just set it up this morning. We were downstairs cleaning and such when I saw her bend down a bit and pause. I asked her if she wanted to go potty and brought her and set her on the seat. She immediaetly gave a small push and I heard the tinkling in the potty!!! She really seemed like she knew just what she was doing! Luckily, today is a work-from-home for Danny so he was just a door away! I know he is thrilled to have been there for this first time event! We grabbed the camera so we could share! Once she was done we gave high-fives and showed her her "deposit"! Then we let her flush her pee-pees in the big toilet.
Of course, this may have been a one time thing but I think we'll just try once in the morning each day for a bit and see if she catches on! She's only 15 months old so we surley won't be disappointed if we need to wait. But we sure are excited!!!

4 comments:

Barb said...

wow! YAY! that's awesome! :-D

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!! Brynn just turned 3 and she still struggles with the potty. :) For 3 weeks she went all the time, now...she's not so interested. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you got her a pillowcase dress! Which pattern did you get?

Anonymous said...

How funny! We both have good taste! They are great. I dry it flat and then iron it and it's so easy to iron, and I hate ironing! I just ordered her two more dresses, so she'll have total of 5 pillowcase dresses. :) There is also a seller on etsy where I sell the bows and she does pillowcase dresses with pillowcase shirts to match for the adults. :)