Friday, November 14, 2008

We're growing a baby boy!!!

For some of you this announcement may be overdue! We had our 20 week appointment on Wednesday and found out we are expecting a BABY BOY!!! Danny, Bronwyn, my mom and dad and Danny's mom Deb were all there to see the ultrasound. Once the ultrasound tech got through looking to make sure that all the important stuff was in place and correctly sized, she moved on down to tell us what was inside! She tried to let us guess what we were seeing on the screen. It's not easy... I'm sure most people can never see what's in those pictures! I wanted to say boy... but then if it was a girl I'd probably have felt bad! Girl was the safe choice to say! But she announced it! ALL BOY!!! And just after that, as she was pointing out stuff on the screen, he peed! We were able to watch a tiny trail of his pee float across in front in us! It looked like a dotted line that kept growing! After seeing that I think we were all pretty sure... it's a boy!

All the grandparents are excited! My mom even had what I call her "wishing doll" in her purse! Once we saw he's a boy, she gave it to me! She had a little baby girl rattel doll in her purse during the ultrasound to find out what Bronwyn was. I guess that's Grandma Intuition for ya'!



The rest of the checkup went well. I gained 6 pounds since last month!!! But that's 6 total... and I'll assume this baby boy will come out bigger than Bronwyn! Everything else is looking good. I'm feeling great and baby could not be better!
I can't believe I get a baby boy! Almost everyone thought it would be a girl. I was going with girl too. Before the appointment that morning I could not sleep! I woke hours ahead of my alarm and just layed there thinking about it! I kept having thoughts of a boy, but turned them into girl thoughts. I really wanted a boy with Bronwyn and although I would never think twice about her being a girl now, I hoped this one would be a boy!
Here he is... his profile... who do you think he looks like?!?!

And here he is on his side a little. His arm was up touching his head, like he was just relaxing!!!


And his little baby feet... he had all ten toes... and we saw fingers too!

I am feeling truly blessed. Experiencing two miscarraiges this year was terrible and extremely difficult. Knowing that we are expecting a little boy leaves me feeling something I cannot even explain. I cannot wait to meet him, and have hin in our family!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Congrats! So happy for you!!!

Barb said...

Yay~! Once again, congratulations. You'll be a great mommy for a boy!

Evelyn ~ Evelina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are soooo excited for you guys!!

huyuytyjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhphfgvjnhfjvvvvvvvvvvvvvvjgyhyh7t

The above is a message that Isela wrote for you. This is what she wrote: Your baby boy is adorable and I want you to name it Titi Tara.

This Jones Family said...

The girls looked at the ultra sound pictures and were able to pick out all of the arms and legs and everything. Very exciting!!

Elainaryan9 said...

I'm so happy for you!! I know how much you've always wanted a little baby boy! I can't wait to find out his name and get to meet him :) You are such a cute pregnant mommy!

Jamie said...

Congrats Tara! Thats so awesome! So happy for you! I bet you can't wait to meet your Little Miracle!