Tuesday, March 3, 2009

An almost final baby update...

Yesterday I went in for my 36 week appointment! My doctor had the results from the ultrassound last week and after reviewing them and also what she had written up after Bronwyn's delivery, she's decided that it would be best to induce me at 39 weeks. We didn't set an exact date yet, but I am dialated to 1 cm so after I go in next Monday and depending on any more dialation, we'll decide then. So Hayden should be coming the week of the 23rd. I want to make sure my doctor can do the delivery if possible so that will be a deciding factor as well. Basically my doctor doesn't think it's neccessary to push out a baby much bigger than 9 pounds. With Bronwyn being 8.2 and taking her time moving down once I had been induced, my doctor thinks my body just might not be able to handle much bigger. She mentioned a C-Section again yesterday, that if he's too big that might be the best option for me. The idea of that is putting me under a lot of stress. Of course if that's what needs to happen, then I'll deal with it. But the thought of it makes me really nervous. With Bronwyn I was given one more hour for her to move and get to 10 cm, if she was not there, they were going to do a C-Section. But in the end it all worked out and we didn't have to, so now I really don't want to. Just makes me sad I guess. My doctor did say that I very well could still just go into labor early. That because of the size of my uterus that my body may just react and think that it's time. She says that at this point it's normal and okay. I'm just hoping to keep dialating further and further!
Other than that I am really looking forward to this weekend. My friends are throwing my shower on Saturday and I know it'll be tons of fun!The nursery is also now finished! My dad and Danny spent some time this weekend doing all the trim work. Bronwyn sure likes the room. In fact, she's trying to move in. she lines toys up along the window sill She even took a few pillows from her room and placed them on the floor with more toys. I got the rest of the stuff cleaned out and started placing furniture and decorating. I'm waiting on a few more things for the room that I ordered online. And I washed all the 0-3 months clothes lastnight! So we're pretty much ready whenever Hayden wants to come out!



3 comments:

mcgee family said...

i love the room! it looks great! can't wait to meet little hayden...not too much longer!

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

I am so excited for you! I wish you many blessings! This might sound silly but I did hypnobirthing,.. if you visualize your cervix opening slowing like a rose it will help with the Dialation. Do this over and over, slowly,.. Just might work. I don't think you' ll have to do the c~section thing, Prayin 4 u

This Jones Family said...

Hooray! Can't wait for another little baby in the family!