Saturday, October 18, 2008

16 Week Appointment

We had our 16 week appointment this week! I was extremely nervous going in for this one. I've been having horrible dreams and I thought for sure my doctor was going to have some terrible news for us. But no, no! This was a great checkup! First I was weighed... I gained back the 4 pounds I had lost, bringing me back up to my starting weight. Next my blood pressure was taken, all normal. Then we got to hear the baby's heartbeat!!! I swear, it took FOREVER for the nurse to find it!!! I was starting to go a little crazy, but then I too, heard the familiar noise! I started to cry... of course cause that's what I do! Photobucket
Then my doctor came in to go over everything and she still says all is going well! I had to head down to the lab for one more blood test to conclude the 1st trimester screening. My doctor called back over the weekend to confirm that everything looks good! I'm so relieved that this pregnancy is going well! And I'm not feeling sick like I was earlier. About once a week I have a bad night, and do feel pretty sick unless I'm resting, but other than that I'm doing great!
I've added something new to the page! It's a poll you can partake in called ExpectNet.com Online Baby Pool. You can find the link off to the left side of the page! My friend Barb welcomed her new baby to the world a few weeks ago and did this during her pregnancy. Seemed like a fun way to keep everyone involved... and to see whose predictions were most acurate! So... let the guessing begin!!!

1 comments:

Barb said...

Can I wait till after you find out if its a boy or girl to make my predictions???