Wednesday, February 4, 2009

32 Weeks!

Since my 28 week appointment I think I have had something going on that's not been quite right each week. Let's see... where do I start to catch up...

My belly was measuring bigger than it should. I had my ultrasound and felt like the other doctor I saw was not telling me much. I did get a call from my regular doctor a couple days after telling me that he is measuring about 12 days larger than normal. She said there was nothing we needed to do for now, but any excercise I was up to would be good and that they would keep an eye out at my next visits.

Last week I started to get those terrible "charlie horse" pains in my calf muscles. The biggest problem was that after 2 days the muscules were still tight and I was feeling like I could barely walk. After reading about blood clots I decided to call in to the office. They had me go in for an ultrasound on my legs. That ended up showing no blood clots, and the only "treatment" they could prescribe was to tell me to drink more milk! And I did... and I started taking calcium supplements... and it didn't help the pain. That was about a week ago and I'm almost pain free. One calf is still a little tight but I wake up throughout the night and make sure I keep stretching it out.

Today I went in for my 32 week appointment and everything is still going good. I am still measuring almost 4 weeks larger than normal, and they had me schedule one more ultrasound for 36 weeks so they can check in on Hayden once again. The doctor I saw today said that if anything, they might try and deliver him one week early. But they won't touch him until them, that they would want to make sure that his lungs get all the time they need to fully develop. So that sounds good to me! I don't want him early if it's not necessary. I'll keep him cozy until it's time! Other than that, I've gained 9 pounds total now. He is about 4 of it! He moves all the time! Sometimes so much that it actually hurts! He's a kicker... I think he's learning it already from his big sister on the outside! Bronwyn really sweet when she lets me know she wants to see my belly. But once my shirt is up and my belly exposed she uses me like a drum!!! She beats away before I can get her to stop, there is such a hollow sound to it! Sometimes she'll lay her head against my belly, and every now and then she does give a kiss. But she's got a little less than 8 weeks left before she really finds out that there really WAS a baby in mommy's tummy! I know she's too little to understand yet. But she's going to love every second once he arrives!

Today I was able to pick up my 3D/4D Ultrasound!!! I managed to finally get it uploaded after much frustration! I lost the music in the process, but at least I can post it! Some of it is a little hard to tell what is going on. And sometimes his face floats into the background and you lose him. If you hang in till the end you can see his heart and all the valves beating away! Check it out!





graphics for moms

7 comments:

Evelyn ~ Evelina said...

Time is ticking away...pretty soon we'll get to meet your Lil Man. I thought I saw his leg and foot...how amazing!!

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

Oh sweetie, just time before you can hold that lil man in your arms,. I thought it rocked by the way!

This Jones Family said...

I love those ultra sounds!

Jamie said...

the 3D/4D Ultrasound is so COOL! I have never seen anything like that. You can See your Little Prince. So amazing!

Barb said...

cool! Glad you were able to upload it! :)

mcgee family said...

thanks for sharing! i always love the 3D ones. it is amazing to see the baby inside the belly!

Anonymous said...

WOW, how very cool to be able to see them so clearly. Technology is amazing these days!