Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bronwyn's Big Girl Bed!

With Hayden on the way it was time for Bronwyn to give up the crib and get herself a Big Girl Bed! I also decided she needed to pass on her dresser/armoire that my dad built because it matches the changing table that is also in the nursery. So Bronwyn go a new dresser and a new bed! Because of the size of the room and the toy boxes/bench seat/bookshelf that my dad built when we moved in, it took us a long time to decide what style bed would be best. We decided on a day bed and found a really nice one that has a white wood frame. Danny built the dresser the night before and last night we got everything in place and put the bed together. I bought all her bedding back when we were moving in and painting the room. I've been waiting to complete the look! Unfortunately, I didn't get to take pictures of the new setup before Bronwyn fell asleep! Danny was reading to her out on the couch and when I went to get her and take her to her exciting new bed... she was out!!! So we went in and slid her under the covers, snuggled Daphney in by her side, placed a pillow on the floor in case she rolled out and left her in dream land. We did sneak a picture (or 3) before Danny made me leave the room worried I'd wake her! She actually slept the whole night in her bed. It wasen't until I woke up and was showering, that she must have woken up. Danny said she cried and he went in to get her, she was sitting up in her bed. I'm glad she stayed there all night although I'm sure it won't happen every night! But I know she likes a big bed rather than the crib. I was almost sad to see her in such a big bed, she's still so little! And she'll always be my baby...

2 comments:

mcgee family said...

awwww..i remember how little hailey seemed in the big girl bed the first night she slept in it, too! sadly, our babies have to grow up!

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

SoSweet!