Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Tiny Dancer!

SAY DANCE!!!
We've decided that it may be time for Bronwyn to join a dance class. She really learns alot from shows that she watches and I'm thinking she'll pick up on it pretty quickly. We decided to take her to the studio where most of my little cousins dance and my cousin Michele actually teaches. Today was her first day in the Basic Tot Movement class. It's just one day a week for an hour a day. I took her today for a free trial class. For the first half hour she seemed to really get into it. She does really well at watching and then doing herself. I was able to peek in through a crack in the door and I must say I had one of my proudest mommy moments so far! I teared up a few times just seeing her excitement! There were just three other girls along with Bronwyn. She was the youngest and the smallest of the group! The second half of the hour seemed to be a little more difficult for all the kids to stay focused... and Bronwyn seemed to only want to dance alone and watch herself in the mirror! I tell ya'... she was meant to perform! As Miss Fran said, their attention spans at this age are a little short. But we're going to try again next week and see how she does. Then we'll decide if we think it's worth putting our money into. Although I think the interaction alone is the best part for her. Bronwyn has never been a part of any group activity and aside from Danny, my mom, and I, has never needed to take real direction from anyone. I'm looking forward to taking her next week. She's been dancing around all night!!! But then again, that's what she does now anyway!



graphics for moms


2 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

I think that is awesome, it will be something for all of you to look forward to! She is darling get her a sassy tutu k~ So glad she rocked it!

Evelyn ~ Evelina said...

I think it's great because she is such a little entertainer. Looking forward to hear and see pictures of her dancing.